May 31, 2009

Missing in Action

Ya, so I haven't blogged in forever and with the month of June beginning tomorrow, I thought I should get back at 'er. May has been hectic to say the least. Leah and Chris returned home safely from their trip to Alberta. Leah had a great time and very much enjoyed the airplane ride. As you may recall this was Leah's first time on a plane. I think I was more nervous about it than she was. Chris really enjoyed showing her around his home town and their visit with Gramma Ingrid and Bob went well too.

Mother's Day came and went. Let's just say that Chris is going to be one busy dude on Father's Day. Enough said.

The following weekend was Mama's turn to get away. Jen, my really good friend from high school, and I went to New York City for the weekend. This event had been scheduled since October in anticipation of our 35th birthdays. Jen's in April and mine coming up this month. We had a great time! Beautiful hotel, lots of walking, show on Broadway and plenty of great shopping. After we checked into our hotel room on Friday night, we walked to Times Square and found an outstanding Italian Restaurant. Way too much food, but it was really great. At first, I was quite overwhelmed with the large abundance of people EVERYWHERE, but that soon wore off. Saturday was basically reserved for shopping. We walked to the Empire State Building and then went shopping from there. We hit some really great stores, had a nice lunch and walked and walked and walked some more. Later in the evening we got tickets to Avenue Q which was a very funny show on Broadway. Sunday we shopped some more on our way to Central Park. We strolled through park, had a coffee and then stopped in at Serendipity for a light lunch and of course dessert. The best strawberry cheesecake sundae I have ever had! For dinner we decided to venture away from the hustle and bustle and went to a Spanish Cafe in Greewich Village. Stuffed lobster tails, wine, and all was fine! We returned to the hotel early so we could pack up our stuff, as we had to leave to the airport early the next morning. My legs were sooooo sore from all the walking (you can tell who wasn't in shape). What a weekend! Thanks Jen for an outstanding girls weekend. Can't wait to do it again.

So now that I am back to reality...we have been busy around the house and the yard trying to get things cleaned up and brought out of the garage for summer. We cleaned up all the brush from behind the garage in anticipation of putting a small shed back there. This shed will hold all our yard tools, such as lawn mower, snow blower, rakes, shovels etc. This should give us much more room in the garage for our bikes, wagon and of course Chris' stinky hockey gear.

This weekend was supposed to be a continuation of the last couple, but when we woke up to snow covered grass, things didn't get done as I would have liked. Yes, you heard me right, SNOW! I just finished cleaning and tidying the trunk of my car which consisted of throwing the snow brush to the very back. I didn't think that I would have to use it on May 31st, but there I was digging it out so I could clear the mounds of accumulated snow off my car. Will Summer ever arrive? This is getting a bit ridiculous.

Work is still crazy busy. Sometimes I wonder if we will ever get things caught up. I still have stuff to file away from our year end which was October 31st. Yikes! It is stuff like this that there never seems to be enough time for. Filing? What is that?

So amungst the crazy busy work weeks and the busy running around weekends, there really hasn't been much time to sit down and blog. I hope to get back in a rountine of at least a few good posts each month.

No comments: