March 11, 2009

A Week in Review....on Wednesday?

Since late last week it seems like a lot has been going on and I really haven't had much time to blog let alone even think of an idea to blog about, so I am going to follow suit (copy cat) my friend SC and quickly update you on what has been happening here in North Bay and the Dawson household.

  1. Our fun neighbours returned from their trip to Dominican early Friday morning as tanned as ever. They stopped in for coffee on Saturday morning as per usual to fill us in on the great time they had. They were also so nice to have brought us each something back from the trip. We missed them a lot (even though we have yet to see a picture...hint hint) and are so glad they had a great time. I think Shawn's teeth got even whiter while he was gone :).
  2. As per my last post the potty training has been going quite well. Caleb has graduated to underwear and pullups at bed time. He returned to daycare Monday only to bring home a bag full of wet clothes (including ski pants I might add), but since then there has been no accidents to report. We are very proud of his success.
  3. Leah has been swimming up a storm. She is "front crawl" away from passing to the next level. Normally, I take Leah to her lessons, but the weekend before last Chris took her as I was in Toronto and he was amazed at what a great swimmer she has become. It is really nice to know that she has finally found an extra curricular activity that she loves. She swims twice a week and is loving every minute of it.
  4. The last weekend in February my BFF Sandra and I hit the road for Toronto early Saturday morning. We stayed with my great friend Jen overnight and of course did a little shopping. We made it to IKEA and the Eaton Centre. It was so nice to get away and to see Jen at the same time. I was also fortunate enough to be able to have lunch on Sunday with my cousin Katie. It was a short trip, but a fun time had by all.
  5. Chris left for Labrador City tonight. He flies out of Toronto early tomorrow morning. He is going to be filming Cain's Quest (a 4-day snowmobile race over 800 kilometers long). He will be filming from helicopter for the full 4 days...ooops I forgot to give him my gravol. Good luck! He will be returning late next Friday.
  6. Therefore, because of #5, I will be single parenting it until next Friday. Yippee (can you sense the sarcasim)!
  7. I have been trying to take in as much of the Tim Horton's Brier as I can. I can usually catch the evening game. I was lucky enough to see the "Best Shot in Brier History". Oh my goodness it was good.
  8. Dancing With The Stars has started up again. This has become one of my favourite reality shows. Monday night was the season premiere and it was really good. Some definite favourites right off the bat, and some definite brutal dances. My prediction on the first to be booted will be Ty Murray. He proved without a doubt that cowboys can't dance. Melissa from the Bachelor joined the dancing cast a little late in the game because Nancy O-Dell having to bow out of the competition due to an injury. She did extremely well considering she only had two days to rehearse.
  9. I am on holidays next week and can't wait for the break. It is March Break so Leah and I will be able to have some "girl time" and it will also give me a chance to get some spring cleaning done around the house.

Well, there it is in a nutshell. Next week I will probably have more time to blog so stay tuned!

No comments: