July 6, 2009

Rant of the Day

As you are aware, Tim Horton's offers breakfast sandwiches on their menu in which you have the choice of either bacon or sausage. My personal favourite is the Bagel B.E.L.T. less the E. I am not a big fan of eggs ever since I was about 10 years old or so. So when I place my order I always ask for it without the egg. Below is a usual conversation I would have at the drive thru when ordering the B.E.L.T.

Me: "I'd like a large two milk, one sugar and a Bagel B.E.L.T. with no egg."

Drive thru Attendent: "Would that be with bacon or sausage?"

Me: "Ahhhh bacon? (I thought the B in BELT stood for bacon? No? This comment is usually under my breath)"

Drive thru Attendent: "So that is a bacon breakfast sandwich?"

Me: "No, a bagel BELT with no egg."

Drive thru Attendent: "So, you would like a BLT Sandwich? White or Whole Wheat?"

Me: "No, a bagel BELT with no egg."

Please tell me, am I doing something wrong here? I don't understand what is so out of this world that the Drive Thru Attendent doesn't get what I mean or what I am ordering. It is simple....A Bagel BELT with no egg.........

Should I be saying something different?

No comments: